We are a non-profit organization run by VOLUNTEER board members, managers and coaches who provide the youth of the area the opportunity to participate in the sports of TBall, Baseball, Fast Pitch Softball, Cheerleading, Football and Basketball.
“Volunteers are not paid because they are worthless,
but because they are priceless.”
Visit our GCYAA Facebook Group
General Membership Meeting
September 2018 – Date & Location TBD
The GCYAA Football and Cheerleading season is almost here!
Check out www.gcyaafootball.com for information!
TBall, Baseball & Fast Pitch Softball
Our 2018 Spring season has ended.
2019 season information is posted in January on this website and Facebook.
We run a limited Fall Ball Program.
The details are listed below:
There will be another fall ball registration Wednesday July 18th 6-7:30pm at Moeller
*Walk In Registration Only, No Online Available*
CASH OR CHECKS ONLY
*Other information will be posted at a later time. i.e Evaluations, Drafts, 1st game, Rules, etc.
*A tentative start for the season is – August practices (coaches pick specific day/s). Baseball games will be doubleheaders played either on Saturdays or Sundays each week, depending on the football schedule. Tentative schedule is the first games will start on September 1st.
*NO COMPLETE TEAMS ARE ALLOWED. Meaning every player has to go through the evaluations and draft process.
* If you are interested in coaching, please send Joe Bandy an e-mail (not fb message). Indicate what division and Baseball or Softball in the e-mail. My e-mail address is email@example.com
* No full team protections! Coaches are allowed to protect their player and one assistant coaches player. The rest of the players have to go through the draft process, just like regular house ball.
* Remember it is first come, first serve, so once a “division” is full no more registrations will be accepted.
* Evaluations: it is not mandatory that the player is present, however to have a fair review it is highly recommended. If a player misses evaluations they will still be drafted and placed on a team.
* Player “up”. If there is a request that a player plays up a division that player MUST make evaluations. He/She will be evaluated specifically by board members and coaches to determine eligibility.
* Jersey shirts and hats are supplied, NOT pants during fall ball. Remember to indicate a jersey shirt size during registration. In fall ball we custom order shirt sizes. If a shirt is ordered on error of GCYAA then a replacement will be made. If the error is on the parent then it’s on you.
* BASEBALL ONLY, there are championship games in fall ball.
* No online registration. It is walk up registration ONLY at a specified location and payment is ONLY cash or check.
* During the fall season games, substitutions will be granted from a master list (in order) by the director. Coaches CANNOT bring their own subs to a game.
Any other information will be posted as necessary.
Please see the flyer below for information about the Garden City Gators Fastpitch Softball travel team tryouts.
~~~Have questions about the 2018 season for
Tball, Baseball, and Fast Pitch Softball?
The 25 most frequently asked questions are answered here!
Click to learn more: Frequently Asked Questions
Need answers on Bat Size or if you need Cleats?
Find these answers and more on our guide for our Baseball divisions.
GCYAA/P.O.N.Y. Quick Answer Guide